- Mr. Lyons has more than 30 years assisting clients by carefully listening and then partnering with the client and the client’s other advisors to arrive at the best strategy and solution to meet their unique objectives.
- He has demonstrated his commitment to his profession by earning the financial services industry’s top two credentials: Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA®) and Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®) accreditations. He also holds the designation Certified Divorce Financial Analyst® (CDFA®). Mr. Lyons is a graduate of Plymouth State University with a BS degree in Accounting.
- His industry experience includes serving as Executive Director of a national division of Private Wealth Consultants at UBS Financial Services. This group provided advice to UBS’s ultra-high net worth clients on issues including asset allocation, investment strategies, estate planning and philanthropic solutions. Mr. Lyons was also a member of Merrill Lynch’s High Net Worth financial planning team working closely with wealthy families, business owners and corporate executives.
- He has lived in Bay Head, NJ for the last 25 plus years with his wife and their two children. He currently is a Bay Head Borough Council member and is chair of the finance and technology committees.
- Mr. Lyons was an adjunct Professor at Fairleigh Dickson University’s Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®) program. He is also a member of the Private Wealth committee at the New York Society of Securities Analysts (NYSSA), a member of the CFA Institute, and member of the Financial Planning Association. He’s also a member of the Monmouth Ocean Development Council (MODC) and member and past President of the Jersey Shore Collaborative Law Group (a group dedicated to out-of-court divorce settlement).
- He founded Douglas J Lyons Financial Group, an independent Registered Investment Advisory firm, in 2010 and later merged his firm with Ocean Capital Management LLC another locally owned independent registered investment advisory firm.
Investing involves risk including the potential loss of principal. No investment strategy including diversification can guarantee a profit or protect against loss. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
This communication is strictly intended for individuals residing in the states of Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. No offers may be made or accepted from any resident outside the specific state(s) referenced.